Waiting times and lack of information annoy passengers and have a negative impact on the service experience. It can also affect the safety of passengers and staff, which is why the transport sector focuses on providing a high level of information. Ultimately, it’s all about ensuring optimal communication when crisis strikes.
High levels of information and safety call for a reliable communication system
IHM’s radio communication systems are based on a TETRA solution that is reliable and easy to operate. It enables direct communication to both groups and individuals. It is also possible to communicate between groups and individuals. For instance, this can be relevant for informing about delays in traffic. The operator in the control room can communicate the delay via loudspeakers or information screens.
In emergency situations, such as assaults on staff, violent clashes between passengers, sudden illness or collapse, personnel simply press a red alarm button on the radio to call for immediate assistance.
The communication solution includes:
- Two-way communication with groups, and one-to-one communication
- Status registration (SINE)
- Compatibility with TETRA, including coordination of operations with emergency management, ambulances and police
- Visual summary of the geographical position of the individual radios
- Connection to loudspeaker systems
- Automatic logging of calls
- Redundancy (backup) with double server and duplicated system with reciprocal updating
IHM offers a range of solutions, both large and small, and all can be scaled up or down according to your specific requirements. Solutions include products such as IHM CAD and IHM VCS.